Saturday, September 13, 2014

Orinda Car Show 2014

I didn't know about these two shows before, but there are two really nice car gatherings in the East Bay nearly back to back.  Today the City of Orinda has a classic and exotic car gathering including many cars on the street downtown and on the greens at the golf course there.  Next Sunday is the Danville Concours D'Elegance I plan to attend as well.

The Orinda car show had a large section of classics, Mustangs and Porsches along with other cars.  I missed taking a picture of the mexico blue Speedster that was parked outside from someone visiting.  I talked with owners of several cars including a 1985 Lotus Esprit, a lovely Ferrari 328 (same car and owner as Paul and I saw driving by at the Quail) and a 1937 Rolls among others.

Driving in..well actually I was going wrong away, saw this 911 50th 991 leaving
Ah found it
Mercedes 280 SL













Model train museum exhibit







Food, drinks, and Porsches and exotics that way!

but first...




New GT3 






Amazing Slantnose

Favorite Porsche there for me probably was the slant nose 







1974 Porsche Carrera 3.0 RS Coupe



Lotus Europa in very rare John Player Special Livery


1985 Lotus Esprit and a Ford GT





Back to the Lotus Esprit


Owner has owned the car since 1990.  All Original paint and such.  Around 35k miles only!


Ferrari 328 
Looked pretty good.  Getting ready for new paint owner said.

Hey wait a second!  I recognize this license plate!  It's the same Ferrari that drove by Paul and I at the Quail where I got that epic longing shot of Paul!!! hahaha.
Owner says he has about 80k miles on it.  So drives it about 6k a year as well as goes to shows.  Cool.







1962 Plymouth Valiant

Jaguar and Lotus Elan

This guys M3 exhaust sounded amazing

1972 Datsun 240 Z

With some uhhhh mods... lol 


1970 BMW 2800 CS

1978 Triumph TR8


This jaguar looked pristine

An all original 1937 Rolls Royce 




2009 Maserati Gran Turismo

1948 MG TC Roadster 


1969 BMW 2002 - original owner

1964 Apollo 5000 GT Jag


I don't think there were any Cayman at the show...sigh... 








Apparently this was used in a music video... about Bullitt??




That's right...it's a dog in a purse...with a necklace ... err I mean collar.

hmm 









I like this model A


A 1966 London Taxicab!


Homeward!


No comments:

Post a Comment